Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog'D Classic - 04/11/07

I used to maintain a LiveJournal and a different Blogger page called Blog'D. This was a posting from 04/11/07.



Riding in the Elevator isn't Normally this Odd . . .
. . . but this afternoon, as I was heading back up from picking up some lunch, there were two . . . I don't know if they were maintenance men or what, but they weren't people I'm used to seeing around the workplace (of course, I'm on a different getting-up-way-too-early-in-the-morning schedule this week for some training). They were both wearing caps, one of them was carrying a ladder. I stepped into the elevator with my iPod plugged into my ears, listening to a podcast (I think it was Monster Squad Terrorcast), but over the voices in my ears, I could hear these two men talking to each other.

Man with Ladder: Is that necro . . . necrophilia?

Man without Ladder: No, no, no. That's with dead bodies.

Me: (not saying a damned word)

Man with Ladder: Really? Necrophilia?

Man without Ladder: Yeah.

Man with Ladder: So what is it when they choke you?

Me: (pretending my iPod is playing so loud I can't hear them)

Man without Ladder: That's not necrophilia.

Man with Ladder (placing his free hand around his own neck): Then what is it when they choke you?

The elevator doors opened, and I stepped out without contributing to the conversation, thank you very much.

No comments: