Thursday, November 26, 2009

Catching my breath . . .

Most of you know I was fortunate enough to attend HorrorHound Weekend Cincinnati last weekend. It wasn't something I would normally would have been able to do, but Brenda scrubbed the internet, found one or two travel websites and shook them until they gave her a really good deal on airfare, and as an early birthday present, she sent me to HHW.

I had a great time meeting old friends and making new ones. The horror celebrities were incredibly friendly, and the hotel was extremely accommodating (although I would have loved to heard the conversations between hotel employees the day after we left - horror geeks, horror drunks, a wedding, celebrities, a random hula hoop session at 2:00am in one of the lobbies, lots of booze, folks dressed as zombies and monsters, women dressed in varying . . . degrees . . . it was definitely an interesting mix of occasionally loud folks!). And I mention in my HHW coverage in Mail Order Zombie #96, the coffee the hotel restaurant served was surprisingly good! (If you listen to the episode, or follow me on Twitter, you'll also find out how I almost didn't make it back on the plane to get home!)

I'll be posting my pics from the event in a few days. I've been running fairly nonstop since flying in Monday night and just haven't had a chance to fully catch my breath. Back to work on Monday, unpacking, catching up on laundry, getting ready for Thanksgiving, getting the guest room for Brenda's sister, producing MOZ #96, etc., etc., etc. . . . at least I got to sleep in today!

I'm off from work tomorrow as well, and I think I'll be spending that day programming the rest of this year's episodes of Mail Order Zombie, organizing the computer mess I've let build up over the past few months, and maybe even throw some words down.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos.

ZedWord said...

Do you guys rock the Tofurkey on Thanksgiving?

Also, can I interest you in some mildly expensive autographed "photos"?